As the operators of the website: www.smartstreamrdu.com, SmartStream is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), from the GDPR implementation date or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998, (collectively the Data Protection Laws) the Data Controller is SmartStream Technologies.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you in the course of your use of the website or providing our services:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or using our service. This includes information provided at e.g. the time of registering to use the website in order to register for events, download content, requesting further information or make a meeting request. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
The provision of name, title, job title, company, country, telephone and email address is required from you to enable us to respond to any website query. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Where we exhibit at industry events we will also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- Information on business cards
- Name and contact details from industry organisers
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool from Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google"). The usage is based on Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. of GDPR. Google Analytics uses 'Cookies', text files, that are saved on your computer and allow us to analyse the usage of our website. The Information that is tracked is as follows:
- Type of browser and version
- Operating system
- Referring URL (the last visited page)
- Hostname (with anonymized IP address)
- Time of request
This data is usually sent to servers of Google in the USA and stored there. The tracked IP address will not be brought together with other data of Google. We additionally extended the code with "anonymizeIP" which masks IP addresses to anonymize them. Only in exceptional cases full IP addresses will be transferred to the Google servers in the USA and masked there.
I order by the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate the usage of this website, produce reports over the website activities and usage. You can prevent the usage of cookies through certain browser settings, but we need to inform you that some functionality of the website will not work if cookies are turned off completely.
You can restrict the collection and processing of the above data (including the IP address) if you install a browser plugin from the following internet address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Alternatively, you can set an opt-out-cookie to disable Google Analytics tracking in your browser. This cookie will only block analytics in the browser you activate it in and will only work for our website. If you delete cookies in your browser, you will need to set it again. Disable Google Analytics now.
We also use Google Analytics to analyse Double-Click and AdWord campaigns we are hosting on Google. You can set your preferences for Google Ads here: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/?hl=en
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on your consent as provided when you register your details on our website to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
Purposes of processing
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To contact you about future events
- To contact you with our newsletter
- To provide you with company information we feel may interest you
- To notify you about changes to our service
How we do this
We will contact you by the method you have consented to receive such communication; this will be electronic means (e-mail) and/or a telephone call. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please either 1) tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data; 2) unsubscribe from our electronic communications using the method indicated in the relevant communication; or 3) inform us at any time by contacting us on the details set out below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We routinely disclose your personal data to third parties as follows:
- We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf.
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our corporate group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and subscribing to our service; or
- To protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our affiliated entities and our users and any third party we interact with the to provide the Website; or
- In relation to selected third parties only, only to the extent that you have consented to such selected third parties notifying you about certain goods or services, which may be of interest to you.
Other than as set out above and save insofar as is necessary in order for us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, we will not share your data with third parties unless we have procured your express consent to do so.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure, including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Keeping your personal data up to date
If your personal details change you may update them by e.g. accessing the relevant page of the website, or by contacting us using the contact details below.
If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by using one of our contact methods as stated on our Website.
We will endeavour to update your personal data within seven working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, in order to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
How long we keep your personal data
We will hold personal data for the period we are required to retain this information, in this case for three years.
Where we store your personal data
All information we hold about you is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staffs operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your orders. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Such countries do not have the same data protection laws as the EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the EEA, any transfer of your personal data will be subject to suitable relevant safeguards as permitted under Article 46(5) of the General Data Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal data.
If you would like further information please contact us. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access to your personal data and to certain other supplementary information that this Policy is already designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email, call or write to us
- Let us have enough information to identify your name or company
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information, email: email@example.com
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them below.
First-party cookies (www.smartstream-stp.com, www.smartstreamrdu.com, www.tlmondemand.com)
This website will set some cookies that are essential for the website to operate correctly. These cookies, none of which capture personally identifiable information, are e.g. as follows:
- Visitor ID – this cookie is a numeric value that identifies unique visitors and provides coherence and consistency to a site visit;
- Page Number – this cookie identifies the page you are on;
- Session ID – this cookie identifies your website session;
- Test – this cookie checks whether or not your browser supports cookies;
- Cookie Consent – remembers your agreement that our cookies policy
Our websites will set several types of third-party cookie, and we do not control the operation of any of them. The third-party cookies which may be set include:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
CONTACT AND OPT-OUT
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or to opt-out from communications, write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or SmartStream Technologies, St Helen’s, 1 Undershaft, London EC3A 8EE.